After last year’s awesome debut, Leamington Comic Con will be back on Saturday the 17th October, promising a bigger venue, more comics and big industry names.
Having outgrown its previous venue, this year’s convention will be held at The Assembly on Spencer Street between 10:30-5:00pm.
Dan Mallier, Creator of Leamington Comic Con, said: “This year’s event is shaping up to be one heck of a comeback. We’ve more than enough for avid comic fans, as well as cosplayers and families looking for a great day out.”
Leamington Comic Con received rave reviews within the industry last year, which has helped it to attract a star studded line up for its 2015 return.
Internationally renowned David Lloyd, a regular at San Diego’s Convention, will be the biggest draw, having co-created V for Vendetta with Alan Moore, and designed V’s Guy Fawkes inspired mask. Lloyd will be promoting his latest venture, Aces Weekly as he hosts a panel talk, but will also be sketching and signing autographs.
Simon Furman, comic book writer notable for Transformers comics and Andrew Wildman, British artist best known for his work on Marvel titles such as Thundercats, The Real Ghostbusters and Transformers, are also confirmed.
“The event’s page on Facebook is already showing over 1,200 people are planning to attend, so we’re expecting swarms of excited comic fans and colourful cosplayers, but they’re will also be plenty to do for families with young children too,” added Dan.
Early-bird tickets can be bought direct from Seismic Records located at The Assembly, MG Memorabilia on Lansdowne Street or online via the Leam Comic Con Facebook page. Priority entrance will be given to ticket holders, but people can pay on the day.
Confirmed guests & exhibitors:
- David Lloyd, co-creator of V for Vendetta, Aces Weekly
- Lee Bradley -Artist
- Neil McClements – Artist
- T Publications, Writer & Publisher
- David Leach, Writer & Artist
- Mike Garley, Josh Sherwell & Mike Stock, The Kill Screen
- Simon Furman, Writer
- Andrew Wildman, Artist
- Vince Hunt, Writer & Artist
- Comic Connections, Banbury
- Haylestorm Comics, Writers & artists
- John-Paul Kamath, Award winning London Horror Comic Anthology
- Geeky Comics, Award winning Writer
- Giuseppe Barresi, Writer & Artist, Solihull
- Time Bomb Comics, Writer & Publisher, Birmingham
- Snikt and Bamf, Pop culture jewellery & accessories, Birmingham
- Fly Comics, Writer & Publisher, Birmingham
- Lance Manley, Writer, Leamington Spa
- Josh Callaghan, Artist, Leamington Spa
- MG Memorabilia, TV & Film memorabilia, Leamington Spa
- Saakio, Anime figurines, Kenilworth
- Dean Beattie, Writer & Artist
- Rees Finlay, Writer & Artist, Coventry
- Stu Perrins, Writer, Birmingham
- Matthew Craig, Writer & Artist
- AshesX Comics, Trader
- Dead All Over Design, Artist, Cheltenham
- iCosplay – an anti-bullying campaign
- Gotham Cosplayers UK
- East Midlands Garrison